Children are at the greatest risk of contracting Lyme disease. There are more than 200 new cases every day. Many more children are misdiagnosed, due to the lack of an accurate diagnostic test.
This video discusses the very real threat of Lyme disease to our entire population and the impact of its more than 300 symptoms. We are all one tick bite away.
329,000 new cases of Lyme disease are reported each year, in the U.S. alone. Thousands more are misdiagnosed due to the lack of an accurate diagnostic test. In fact, more than 55% of diagnostic testing is inaccurate. The longer Lyme disease remains in the body untreated, the worse the symptoms get.
See how Lyme disease directly impacted one family, following years of misdiagnosis and debilitating symptoms for their children.
– Brian A. Fallon, MD, MPH, Director, Lyme and Tick-Borne Diseases Research Center, Columbia University
– John Aucott, MD, Director, Lyme Disease Clinical Research Center, Johns Hopkins University
– Benjamin J. Luft, MD, Professor of Infectious Disease, Stony Brook University
– Ally Hilfiger, Fashion Designer, Advocate, GLA Board Member
– Thalia, Singer/Songwriter, Actress and Entrepreneur
Narrated by: Steve Kroft
This video premiered at the Uniting for a Lyme-Free World Gala in New York City on October 13, 2016.