Lunch ‘n Learn
Visiting Speaker Program
What You Need to Know About Lyme Disease (and Associated Tick-Borne Diseases)
At these 40-minute lunchtime workshops for organizations in the Northeast, a GLA speaker presents essential information that every individual and family needs to know about Lyme and related tick-borne diseases. The program provides attendees with crucial information about Lyme prevention and disease symptoms, tick-transmitted co-infections, and the state of science in developing effective diagnostics and a cure for long-term Lyme disease. If you are interested in learning more about Lunch ’n Learn, please e-mail us at info@GlobalLymeAlliance.org.
Attendees Will Hear:
- What is Lyme disease?
- What are co-infections?
- How is Lyme transmitted?
- Where are ticks found?
- How to prevent tick bites
- How to make your backyard safer from ticks
- Protective clothing and repellents
- What to do if you get a tick bite
- Information about diagnostic testing and medical treatment