Apply to become a mentor
Peer to Peer Mentor Program
Code of Conduct
- Peer Mentors will not practice, condone, facilitate or collaborate in any form of discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, political belief, mental or physical disability, or any other preference or personal characteristic, condition or state.
- Peer Mentors will advocate for peers so that they may make their own decisions in all matters dealing with other professionals, promoting concepts of shared decision making.
- Peer Mentors will respect the privacy and confidentiality of those people utilizing peer support services.
- Peer Mentors will never engage in sexual/intimate activities with the people utilizing peer support services.
- Peer Mentors will avoid conflicts of interest that compromise the relationship between the Peer Mentors and the client.
- Peer mentors will never intimidate, threaten, harass, use undue influence, physical force or verbal abuse, or make unwarranted promises of benefits to the people that utilize peer support services.
- Peer Mentors will not accept gifts of significant value from those utilizing peer support services.
- Peer Mentors will maintain high standards of personal conduct that includes keeping commitments to and giving of dignity and respect to all people.
- Peer Mentors will acknowledge limits to their knowledge that exist.
- Peer Mentors have an ethical and legal obligation to report suspected cases of abuse, neglect or exploitation of their clients or others with whom they come in contact in their roles as a Peer Mentor to the appropriate authorities.