Bite Back Against Lyme
GLA walks and other community events are an incredibly powerful way for us to stand together in our fight against Lyme and other tick-borne diseases. Each year, individuals across the nation create unique activities designed to raise funds and awareness for our cause.
Foremost among these activities, our national walk/run program allows volunteers anywhere to plan a walk or race to generate contributions, increase awareness and educate the public about our cause. GLA will provide organizers with a manual, including forms and step-by-step instructions, to execute a successful fundraising walk/run no matter where you live.
Organize an Event Today!
Follows these 3 easy steps to get started!
1. Pick an activity that you enjoy such as a cocktail party, walk-a-thon, bake sale or golf tournament. See complete list of ideas below.
2. Register your event with Global Lyme Alliance and receive a fundraising tool kit that includes fundraising tips, sample letters and more.
3. Invite your friends, family and co-workers to join in!
The following is a list of suggested community activities:
- Walk/Run/Bike Ride
- Screening of Under Our Skin
- Yard Sale
- Car Wash
- Boy and Girl Scouting Projects
- Faith-Based and/or Youth Group Projects
- Bowling Nights
- Comedy Club Events
- Rotary Club Events
- PTA Events
- Spinning/Cycling Events
- Motorcycle Events/Poker Runs
- Swimming Events
- Dress Down Days at Work
- Matching Gifts Programs
- Proceeds-Based Donations
- Seasonal/Promotional Events
- Bake Sales
- Recycle Collection Programs
- Candy Sales
- Talent Shows
- Faculty/Staff Dress Down Days
- School Plays
- Fraternity and Sorority Events
- Bar or Bat Mitzvah Community Service Project
- Birthday Celebration Gifts
Contact Us Today!
Email info@GlobalLymeAlliance.org or call 203.969.1333 for more information or to register your event.