Lyme Disease Curriculum and Educational Activities
It’s Time to Be Lyme Alert
It’s Time to Be Lyme Alert is a fun, interactive curriculum designed by GLA in partnership with educators to be shared in the classroom, at camp and other youth-focused organizations. The curriculum, available in three age-group levels, includes a student workbook that outlines the objectives and key talking points, along with a supporting teachers’ guide.
Ideal activities for use in classrooms – Grades: K – 12:
- Basic Science
- Health Education
- Health Science
- Social/Emotional Learning (Grades: 9-12)
- Teacher’s Guide: provides educational objectives, key talking points to help you guide students thru the activity.
- Word games and other activities test student’s knowledge to assess their progress.
- Student Workbooks (K-12): teaches students about Lyme disease, all about ticks, and tick prevention.
- Learners earn a “Lyme Alert” certificate upon successful completion of activity.
- Bonus! Learners can share their certificate with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
- Learn important facts about ticks, Lyme disease, and tick prevention, in a fun, interactive comic format.
- Learn the importance of showing empathy to fellow classmates who may be dealing with a chronic illness.
- Earn a Lyme Alert Certificate upon completing the course. Students and parents can share their accomplishment on Twitter and Facebook.
*Disclaimer: Be Tick AWARE Prevention Kits are intended to provide tick bite protection practices. Global Lyme Alliance does not guarantee tick bite protection or tick-borne disease prevention when implementing this information. GLA recommends doing a daily full-body tick check.