Become a Lyme Link Peer Mentor and support others who are living with Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses
Support others who are living with Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses
What is a GLA Lyme Link Peer Mentor?
Someone who has been affected by Lyme disease and/or other tick-borne illness and wants to “get involved and do more” to support others who are currently trying to navigate their way through the journey.
Lyme Link peer mentors are:
- Empathetic and want to support others who are seeking support and guidance
- Understand how overwhelming it is living with Lyme disease and/or other tick-borne illness
- Have a positive outlook on their own journey with Lyme disease
- Knowledgeable and willing to share what they have learned
Who are GLA Lyme Link Mentors?
If you have been affected by Lyme disease or other tick-borne illness and are passionate about supporting others in the Lyme community that include patients, caregivers, and family members. Peer mentors are empathetic and can provide emotional support and understanding to someone who is living with Lyme disease and/or other tick-borne illness.
- You’ve been diagnosed with Lyme disease and/or other tick-borne illnesses and are willing to share what you have learned and your experiences to help someone overcome their challenges
- You are a caregiver, family member, or spouse who has been actively involved in supporting someone with Lyme and/or other tick-borne illness
- You are a parent who has or is still managing a child who was diagnosed with Lyme and/or other tick-borne illness
- A spouse who has supported their partner through their illness and can provide guidance and insight into maintaining a healthy family dynamic
To apply, you should:
- Have at least 1 years’ experience living with Lyme disease and/or other tick-borne illness – patient, caregiver, parent, spouse, or other family members
- Have a positive outlook on your own journey with Lyme
- Have time to volunteer to support others
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Willing to listen and continue to learn about Lyme and how it has affected others
- Willing to share your experiences
- Willing to follow GLA established guidelines
- Willing to have a background check