Join the GLA Team
The GLA team is expanding. Help us make a difference in the fight on Lyme disease.
– Digital Marketing Manager
Bite Back Against Lyme
GLA walks and other community events are an incredibly powerful way for us to stand together in our fight against Lyme and other tick-borne diseases. Each year, individuals across the nation create unique activities designed to raise funds and awareness for our cause.
Foremost among these activities, our national walk/run program allows volunteers anywhere to plan a walk or race to generate contributions, increase awareness and educate the public about our cause. GLA will provide organizers with a manual, including forms and step-by-step instructions, to execute a successful fundraising walk/run no matter where you live.
Organize an Event Today!
Follows these 3 easy steps to get started!
1. Pick an activity that you enjoy such as a cocktail party, walk-a-thon, bake sale or golf tournament. See complete list of ideas below.
2. Register your event with Global Lyme Alliance and receive a fundraising tool kit that includes fundraising tips, sample letters and more.
3. Invite your friends, family and co-workers to join in!
The following is a list of suggested community activities:
- Walk/Run/Bike Ride
- Screening of Under Our Skin
- Yard Sale
- Car Wash
- Boy and Girl Scouting Projects
- Faith-Based and/or Youth Group Projects
- Bowling Nights
- Comedy Club Events
- Rotary Club Events
- PTA Events
- Spinning/Cycling Events
- Motorcycle Events/Poker Runs
- Swimming Events
- Dress Down Days at Work
- Matching Gifts Programs
- Proceeds-Based Donations
- Seasonal/Promotional Events
- Bake Sales
- Recycle Collection Programs
- Candy Sales
- Talent Shows
- Faculty/Staff Dress Down Days
- School Plays
- Fraternity and Sorority Events
- Bar or Bat Mitzvah Community Service Project
- Birthday Celebration Gifts
Contact Us Today!
Email info@GlobalLymeAlliance.org or call 203.969.1333 for more information or to register your event.